Unable to use % symbols in custom CSS | XM Community
Skip to main content
Including the `%` symbol in the custom CSS for any of my surveys gives me the error "We've encountered an error while saving your theme. Please try again later." This happens when the `%` symbol is used at any point. The issue was introduced at some point after December 19th, which was the last time I successfully changed the CSS on a survey and included a `%` symbol.

For a minimal example, create a blank survey and try to add custom CSS containing a simple CSS comment: `/* % */`, a percentage-based length: `.test {width: 100%}`, or simply a lone percent sign. You should be unable to save your your survey theme until the `%` symbol is removed.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? The only workaround I have found is exporting and re-importing the survey after manually adjusting the QSF file.

Cheers,

Ashton
This issue also affects choices in multiple choice questions. Inserting a `%` symbol in a choice causes the page to freeze up and any following questions to appear truncated on the edit survey page. Similar issues appear if I edit the survey title or a block title.
The issue appears to have been resolved as of today. I appreciate the quick fix.

Leave a Reply