Validation with Loop and Merge | XM Community
Skip to main content

I wanted to get clarification on the options in the validation window.  I previously selected “All loops” for the text entry age range but changed it to “current loop”.  When do I use “all loops”? Is “current loop” correct to use in this case (image enclosed)

If this validation is within the loop you want to use Current Loop in all conditions. You would only use All Loops after you have completed the loop.

@TomG Ahh, I think I got it now.  Yes, this is within the loop.  O.K. great, thank you so much!

When testing, how can I test with loops, is there a way? 

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"33","QID3":"1","QID4":"1","QID5":"1","QID192":1{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}],"QID197":1{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}]}

For this code: QID192 is stating there are 2 children (so I should expect 2 loops).  Then QID197, is the first question of the loop asking for the age of the child.  Can I test for each loop using the Q Populate Response JSON syntax?

Thank you so much!

When testing, how can I test with loops, is there a way? 

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"33","QID3":"1","QID4":"1","QID5":"1","QID192"::{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}],"QID197"::{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}]}

For this code: QID192 is stating there are 2 children (so I should expect 2 loops).  Then QID197, is the first question of the loop asking for the age of the child.  Can I test for each loop using the Q Populate Response JSON syntax?

@Rhaven Nelson,

You can use:

&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"33","QID3":"1","QID4":"1","QID5":"1","QID192":[{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}],"1_QID197":[{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}],"2_QID197":[{"Value":"4","Text":"2"}]}

This is great! I will try this, thank you @TomG!

Leave a Reply