Voice capture feature | XM Community
Solved

Voice capture feature

• 15 August 2018
  • 4 replies

We need a functionality that records the voice of the participants when reading a list of words. I can't find such an option in the menu – does it have to be integrated? Is this possible?
I apologize if this is not the right place to post the question - I couldn't find any info when searching on this.
icon

Best answer by TomG 15 August 2018, 16:29

View original

4 replies

Excellent, thank you for the link!
Asking the participants to record and upload would change the nature of the task unfortunately and could affect the variable we are investigating 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @Tonje_1
This page from stack overflow might be helpful.
Also a much simpler option here would be to ask them to record and submit the audio file but i guess you might have considered that.
Thank you for your answer!
I've been considering whether it could be possible to create a sort of add-on to use in our survey, but there are several challenges; the audio recording should start automatically when the participant starts a timed reading task and end when the task is completed. We don't want the participant to have to actively record or upload audio, it has to be a feature built in to the task. I have no idea if this is possible, but I do think other survey creation platforms offer something of the sort..
Any links or suggestions are highly welcome 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't know if it is possible. You would have to integrate it as there is not built-in functionality in Qualtrics. See Using the Mediastream Recording API. Browser support is limited (Chrome and Firefox). The issue is once you get it to record, I don't know how you would get the resulting blob to upload as a file through a Qualtrics File Upload question.

Leave a Reply