Automation of user creation and Dashboard access based on variable | XM Community
Question

Automation of user creation and Dashboard access based on variable

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I'm looking for a way to atomatize the import and rights attribution for a large set of Qualtrics users. 

• I have a global survey that collects data for 200 stores and a Dashboard with all the results
  • I have list of 200 email addreses that each should get a user account
  • All these users should only be able to see the Dashboard, not access the rest of the XM Platform
  • Each user is linked to a particular store, and should see only the data filtered for that store

How do I do this without manually adding each user and limiting their rights?

This is what I have:

• Use the Adding, Importing, & Exporting Users feature to upload a CSV or TSV file with the email addresses of the users 
  • Use the User, Group, & Division Permissions feature to assign roles and permissions to the users. Restrict their access to only the dashboard and not the rest of the XM Platform.
  • Use the Data Restrictions Dashboards feature to create filters based on the store name or ID and apply them to your dashboard.
  • Share the dashboard with your users and they will only see the data filtered for their store.

Will this work, or are there more manual steps involved?

2 replies

Badge +4

@JohannesCE, are the 200 stores listed in a self-select question in the survey? 

I ask because I have a similar situation where in my survey a respondent can select from 40 departments. I am exploring how to totally automate this to automatically set up users based on a survey response, but I am not sure it can be done -- I might have to do the same manual-ish steps you detail. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The stores are listed in the Directory, meaning that there are 200 contacts with each a store name in an embedded data field. So I can easily get this in a survey question. But the process described above does not require it. In your case you could maybe use the Excel workflow task to add a row to a spreadsheet with the variables from the survey response, then use that at the CSV to import. 

Leave a Reply