Axis labels - sorting | XM Community
Solved

Axis labels - sorting

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have a likert scale question with 5 options (strongly disagree-strongly agree) on a CX dashboard in a column chart. Why do the axis categories not show up in the same order as in the question? Is there a way (other than the custom sort option) to tell it which order it always needs to be in?
Custom sort would work if we were able to include axis categories with 0 responses, because I could then set it up at the beginning. As it stands, I have to keep rearranging the axis as new responses come in because Qualtrics decides to put the axis categories in some other order.
How do people get around this? Am I missing something obvious where I can define the order of my axis categories, including categories with zero responses to date?

icon

Best answer by Aanurag_QC 22 March 2022, 11:45

View original

3 replies

Badge +30

Hi, The three options that Qualtrics provides are Custom, Label, and Values
The label works well for numerical values but would sort alphabetically the labels which have alphabets in them.
Values would keep updating based on the value of that particular column.

Hence the only option that you have left is custom sort for which what you can do is generate test responses --> sort the values and then delete test responses. Once the sorting is fixed under custom sort, the labels won't change the arrangement that you already have.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks Aanurag_QC that's a good idea.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It's disappointing that with all of the functionality offered in this platform, we have to manually sort the axis categories for a field that actually has numerical values associated to each response. This should be out of box functionility in my opinion. Thanks!

Leave a Reply