Combining words in new Dashboard Word Cloud widget | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I have a text entry question with 3 fields. I'm asking the respondents to write 3 words they associate with something. Right now, it seems that I can't show all these associations in 1 word cloud. The user viewing the dashboard can select one of the three fields, but not all 3. Is that correct? I tried to put all 3 fields in a group, but that didn't work.

Hi @JohannesCE,

Whatever you told is correct. We can’t show all these associations in 1 word cloud. 

For more information on Word Cloud please refer below link:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/other-widgets/word-cloud-widget/

@Sachin Nandikol, are you aware of any workarounds? Could I ask this question in a different way to get this result?

Hi @JohannesCE,

In one of our demo we had same requirement, i tried to find a solution for this but as of now there are none in our platform. I can suggest you two ways here:

1. Add different widgets (3 different word cloud) for each field.
  2. Add one widget and add a filter (I think you already have done that).

If you need more information i would suggest you to reach out to support and raise a ticket. Please do let me know if you get any other way.

Hi @JohannesCE , A workaround could be that you can save the data of 3 fields in a single embedded field in survey flow and then add that embedded field on a question on the survey and have that question with display logic as true or false is  false so that question is not shown to respondent. By this you could use that question to get a word cloud with all the words used.

Hi @JohannesCE , A workaround could be that you can save the data of 3 fields in a single embedded field in survey flow and then add that embedded field on a question on the survey and have that question with display logic as true or false is  false so that question is not shown to respondent. By this you could use that question to get a word cloud with all the words used.

Thanks!

Leave a Reply