Create User Type restricted to the Dashboard Viewer environment (no access to the rest of the XM platform) | XM Community

Create User Type restricted to the Dashboard Viewer environment (no access to the rest of the XM platform)

• 30 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! I'd like to suggest an improvement to the Dashboard Viewer that I think deserves more attention. The idea is to create a user type that is restricted in everything except using the Dashboard Viewer. This would only allow users to only see the dashboards that have been shared with them within the Viewer app.

If you see the benefits of this, please upvote the idea EV-2403 on Evolve.

The best way to do this might be to create a User Type that is restricted in everything, except using the Dashboard Viewer.

Support repeatedly said this is not possible. I made a User Type with all permissions deselected, except “Use CX Dashboards” and "Use Dashboard Viewer-app.” In the Dashboard users environment, I made a role for these users that limits them to open the dashboard and export it.

The first problem is that when the user logs in, he can choose between Dashboard Viewer and Qualtrics platform. This should not be, because these users only need to view (and export) dashboards from the Viewer app.

The second problem if that when they chose the Viewer, they can still navigate back to the "normal" Dashboard environment There, they can even use Stats iQ, even if these user type does not have permissions for this.

See also my post in the Community: https://community.qualtrics.com/cx-dashboards-8/dashboard-viewer-app-only-user-type-25329?postid=88318#post88318

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply