CX dashboard mapping - export mapping | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

CX dashboard mapping - export mapping

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I have a dashboard that has a whole bunch of surveys mapped to it. I have an intern and would like to have them do some documentation on the mapping and am wondering if there is a way to export the mapped data showing in rows and columns just as we see in the dashboard map section. I don’t want to give a qualtrics user license/access so I’m hoping there’s a workaround here for them to be able to view the data as to which survey question is mapped into which field on the dataset. 

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Unfortunately this is not possible, you have to create your own mapping list

Badge +1

The only good thing about finding this thread is to be able to confirm that I´m not the only person who would love to get that feature! 😅

Thanks, @kgillis !

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

you can create from support page, but if you want to create a document based on you dashboard, only way to do this, make a copy of the dashboard and give her access to copy version.

So that, even if there is a accidental changes, it wont affect your main dashboard.

Badge +1

@jbk , you mean: create a support page with a table. In that table, place every metadata, download it and start from there. Is that it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If you want to create a generic document of mapping the fields, you can use this. But if you want to  create from your dashboard, make a copy of your dashboard, create a user for your intern and share the copied version of the dashboard and ask your intern to create it.

Badge +1

@jbk , YOU ROCK!

For my need, which is different from @kgillis this will help a lot!

Thanks for the ideia1 ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jbk , YOU ROCK!

For my need, which is different from @kgillis this will help a lot!

Thanks for the ideia1 ;)

Happy to help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I was aiming to basically have like an excel/csv export of everything since I’ve got 21 different surveys mapped and 15 pages of fields, it’s a lot! A csv would be quicker to reference plus we could get it on one screen rather than having to move through separate pages.

Badge +1

I hear you.

However, unfortunately, that´s not possible yet.

The path @jbk suggeste will help you to get all the fields with field type mapped into the dashboard. An alternative I´ve used in the past was:

1.  Go to Data & Analysis;
  2. Export the file in .csv / .xlsx / .tsv ( normally I do it, by filtering the data in order to export just one row with data, so I can make sure I´m doing the data mapping with the right data type in the document).
  3. Open it in Excel, transpose the table and start from there.

It´s not an awsome way to do it but, it is an alternative.

I hope this helps in any way. 🙂

Leave a Reply