CX dashboard mapping - export mapping | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

CX dashboard mapping - export mapping

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I have a dashboard that has a whole bunch of surveys mapped to it. I have an intern and would like to have them do some documentation on the mapping and am wondering if there is a way to export the mapped data showing in rows and columns just as we see in the dashboard map section. I don’t want to give a qualtrics user license/access so I’m hoping there’s a workaround here for them to be able to view the data as to which survey question is mapped into which field on the dataset. 

Unfortunately this is not possible, you have to create your own mapping list

The only good thing about finding this thread is to be able to confirm that I´m not the only person who would love to get that feature! 😅

Thanks, @kgillis !

you can create from support page, but if you want to create a document based on you dashboard, only way to do this, make a copy of the dashboard and give her access to copy version.

So that, even if there is a accidental changes, it wont affect your main dashboard.

@jbk , you mean: create a support page with a table. In that table, place every metadata, download it and start from there. Is that it?

If you want to create a generic document of mapping the fields, you can use this. But if you want to  create from your dashboard, make a copy of your dashboard, create a user for your intern and share the copied version of the dashboard and ask your intern to create it.

@jbk , YOU ROCK!

For my need, which is different from @kgillis this will help a lot!

Thanks for the ideia1 ;)

@jbk , YOU ROCK!

For my need, which is different from @kgillis this will help a lot!

Thanks for the ideia1 ;)

Happy to help!

I was aiming to basically have like an excel/csv export of everything since I’ve got 21 different surveys mapped and 15 pages of fields, it’s a lot! A csv would be quicker to reference plus we could get it on one screen rather than having to move through separate pages.

I hear you.

However, unfortunately, that´s not possible yet.

The path @jbk suggeste will help you to get all the fields with field type mapped into the dashboard. An alternative I´ve used in the past was:

1.  Go to Data & Analysis;
  2. Export the file in .csv / .xlsx / .tsv ( normally I do it, by filtering the data in order to export just one row with data, so I can make sure I´m doing the data mapping with the right data type in the document).
  3. Open it in Excel, transpose the table and start from there.

It´s not an awsome way to do it but, it is an alternative.

I hope this helps in any way. 🙂

Leave a Reply