Distribution reporting dashboard data sources | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Distribution reporting dashboard data sources

Hi! When following instructions for the distribution reporting in my CX Dashboard, I'm encountering some issues.

1. I don't see the option “Distributions” as data source but “Funnel data for (directory list name)”. Is this correct?
  2. I'm not sure if I should also map variables from the Survey, such as “Survey Started” (Begindatum) or if I should leave just the variable from the distribution.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, that’s the correct data source. You’ll need to map the data points from the respondent funnel into your dashboard like Email Sent Time, etc. - whichever ones you need to include in your response rate reporting, or anything else you need (e.g. bounce data).

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thank you @InessaG. But is it necessary/efficient to also map the corresponding Survey data points, if it has any? For example, should I map Survey Started both with the Distribution data and the Survey data, or just the former?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think it’s always good to map overlapping data points to the same field to avoid confusion - for example, additional data fields like respondent’s name, etc. I am always mapping to same fields. However, you won’t be able to report on both data sources on the same dashboard page - that’s something that Qualtrics is severely lacking at this time. So your approach to how you map these can be customized to your needs.

Leave a Reply