Distribution reporting dashboard data sources | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Distribution reporting dashboard data sources

Hi! When following instructions for the distribution reporting in my CX Dashboard, I'm encountering some issues.

1. I don't see the option “Distributions” as data source but “Funnel data for (directory list name)”. Is this correct?
  2. I'm not sure if I should also map variables from the Survey, such as “Survey Started” (Begindatum) or if I should leave just the variable from the distribution.

Yes, that’s the correct data source. You’ll need to map the data points from the respondent funnel into your dashboard like Email Sent Time, etc. - whichever ones you need to include in your response rate reporting, or anything else you need (e.g. bounce data).

Thank you @InessaG. But is it necessary/efficient to also map the corresponding Survey data points, if it has any? For example, should I map Survey Started both with the Distribution data and the Survey data, or just the former?

I think it’s always good to map overlapping data points to the same field to avoid confusion - for example, additional data fields like respondent’s name, etc. I am always mapping to same fields. However, you won’t be able to report on both data sources on the same dashboard page - that’s something that Qualtrics is severely lacking at this time. So your approach to how you map these can be customized to your needs.

Leave a Reply