Distribution Reporting / XM Directory Respondent Funnel metricx not showing | XM Community
Question

Distribution Reporting / XM Directory Respondent Funnel metricx not showing

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! I'm having trouble with the Distribution Reporting feature. According to the support page, I can just connect the contacts in the directory to the dashboard data with an XM Directory Respondent Funnel. XM Directory Respondent Funnel (qualtrics.com)

1. I created a Testing directory with 14 contacts. Most of them are fake, a few are not.
  2. I then added the directory as a source in the dashboard. This is how it looks:
  1. In distribution, I sent the survey to the whole directory
  1. In the Dashboard, the responses are not showing:
  1. Even though I'm just filtering on sent emails:

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @JohannesCE,

First you will have to setup ‘Funnel Data’.

I hope below link will help you:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/migrating-from-distribution-reporting-to-respondent-funnel/

Let me know if this helps you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Sachin Nandikol, I've done that already:

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @JohannesCE,

Thanks for letting me know!

May i know when you did this setup? because Funnel data takes some time to update if you’re doing it for the first time. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @JohannesCE,

Thanks for letting me know!

May i know when you did this setup? because Funnel data takes some time to update if you’re doing it for the first time. 

About a week ago

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Have you distributed before doing the setup or after doing the setup?

If it is before then it will not show you that distribution history. Try to distribute one more time now and see if it works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Have you distributed before doing the setup or after doing the setup?

If it is before then it will not show you that distribution history. Try to distribute one more time now and see if it works.

I definitedly distributed after setup! This morning I distributed again, but nothing is showing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The weird thing is also that I can find and select the field from the Funnel in the widgets, which should mean that it's set up well. But when I filter the widget just refuses to show the metric:

And something else that's werid: when I switch back to the old version of the dashboard it works fine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @JohannesCE,

I would suggest you to connect with support for this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @JohannesCE , Could you try creating a new dashboard for a Funnel Data and not map any survey with it and then there is an option of creating a templated page of Distribution Funnel which has many inbuilt widgets.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @JohannesCE , Could you try creating a new dashboard for a Funnel Data and not map any survey with it and then there is an option of creating a templated page of Distribution Funnel which has many inbuilt widgets.

You're onto something here. Nowhere in the Support pages it says to load and map the Funnel Data first, but you're right, when I do that it automatically maps all the variables and things work fine.

I think the problem then is that I added the Funnel Data after the survey and did not map all the variables. That is also why I can't add the Distribution Report template, because it tells me some variables are not mapped.

It's a proablem though, because my surveys have many variables, and if I add the Funnel Data first, they won't map and I would have to create them one by one. I guess the only solution then is to add all the Funnel Data variables that the dashboard is missing manually?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@JohannesCE , Yes you would need to add it manually. Instead of this you could simply create a new dashboard which would reduce the manual efforts required to map each and every field.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@JohannesCE , Yes you would need to add it manually. Instead of this you could simply create a new dashboard which would reduce the manual efforts required to map each and every field.

I actually added and mapped all the Funnel variables manually one bu one, leaving out nothing. 

That allowed me to create the Funnel page from the template, but this is what it looked like:

The problem is not with the Directory of the Funnel Data settings, because this is what the template page looks like on a new clean dashboard with just the Funnel Data:

Going back to the dashboard with Survey Data + Funnel Data and manually added variables.

When I switch to the old version of the dashboards, I can edit the widgets and see why it's not working: it's missing variables that I can't add myself in the Dashboard Data, such as TS_DataAcquisition. Others I can replace with the ones I mapped, like Import Row Succes.

But this would mean that one always has to add the Funnel Data first, then the survey data. 

The problem with this method is that in Dashboard Data it doesn't seem to map the second data source automatically, so I would have to add all the survey variables manually each time! Any solutions for this dilemma?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @JohannesCE Yes currently the system works this way only that when the first survey of funnel directory is mapped the second source needs to be mapped manually. It is therefore advisable to use it on different Dashboard as far as posisble

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Naman_Savla, I need to show the distribution data in the same dashboard as the survey data, but perhaps it's not necessary to add the Funnel Data directly. Do you think it would work if I load the Funnel Data in a Data Project, then add the Data Project to the dashboard instead of the Funnel Data directly? 

The thing is, I will have to make many dashboards, with different survey data but the same Funnel Data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @JohannesCE I am not sure about the approach of adding the funnel data in data project.

Leave a Reply