Filter groupings by embedded data on CX dashboard | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have an embedded data field mapped as a text set. I’m wanting to have a page filter where several of the text set options are selected but clickable in one click (see pic for reference - so I would want a filter called “yellow,” then when it was clicked it would auto select just for those embedded fields circled in yellow rather than having the end user select each of those individually, same for purple and red). BUT I still want the ability to select just 1 field rather than the whole group of circled specialties. I know I can make an Advanced filter but I’m trying to figure out how to be able to “turn on” the yellow group filter, turn off the purple group filter, etc… 

Hello @kgillis , I believe you could use Bucketing in your survey’s Data & Analysis to create these color groups you are referring to. This would create a new variable where the different group names are saved for each response.

Once you’ve created this variable and added it as a Text Set to your Dashboard, you will be able to add a filter on this new bucket variable (ex: Color Group) and use that filter to decide what color group you want to filter by.

This allows you to still use your current filter to specify which fields you want to look at.

For example you could filter your dashboard by the new Color Group variable  and select “Yellow” and then use the current text set you displayed in the image to filter by “Critical Care Medicine” and “Emergency Medicine.” 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much @JeffDavis! This is exactly what I was after.

Leave a Reply