How can I prevent survey from restarting? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm working on building a survey that allows participants to resume from where they left off each day. I've implemented an authenticator based on the 'ExternalDataReference,' so each participant can access their survey using a unique code.

However, when I test the survey, it restarts from the beginning every time I enter the code. I need the survey to resume from the point where the participant last stopped. Could you help me resolve this issue? If this is not the right way, please feel free to propose different solutions as well! 

I suspect this issue might be due to opening the link in incognito mode. However, since I'm entering the code, linked to only one participant it should still work correctly, but it restart every time. How can I solve that>?

Thank you.

Best regards,

@ale9992 Please check option „RELOAD ANY PREVIOUSLY SAVED PROGRESS UPON AUTHENTICATION“ in the authenticator settings and disable „Allow respondents to finish later“ in the survey settings. Authentication is required each time you open the link again, however, this should resume your last Progress.

Thank you so much for your help! It seems to be working. For how long the survey won’t reset?

cheers,

@ale9992 The progress should be stored without any time restriction as the sessions are explicitly connected to some contact that will be identified with the authenticator. Sessions are only closed when the contact completes the survey.

Happy I could help!

Leave a Reply