How to get embedded data into a dashboard if I forgot to include it in the survey flow? | XM Community

How to get embedded data into a dashboard if I forgot to include it in the survey flow?

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hoping someone can help me at least outline the path forward with these 2 problems.

1. Embedded data included in the survey flow is not showing up in the mapping part of my dashboard.

2. I have a survey that has recently closed and am putting the final touches on my dashboard, but I noticed that there are two key embedded data fields that were not included in the survey flow: Ethnicity and Sexual Orientation. We have this data in other areas, so it isn't the end of the world if I cannot get these included in the dashboard, but for consistency across dashboards and ease of data visualization I really want to try and figure this out.

In the survey flow I have it set up (I assume) correctly:
image.png
Not all of those fields are necessarily important, but I'm using this as an example of how I have the embedded data coming into my survey.

If I go into my survey to map my embedded data, however, all of these options do not appear:

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 13-45-22 XM Dashboard Qualtrics Experience Management.pngOnly the city options are there.

This of course is causing me to not be able to use any of the embedded data in my dashboard.

I am curious if there is a way to fix 1) the embedded data not showing up to be mapped and 2) how can I add those 2 embedded data options? Would I have to pull another report and upload that CSV back into my data?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Are you saying that the embedded data existed in your contact list/source file initially, but you forgot to add those two fields to the survey flow? If so, per this website and Qtip below, you should be able to add the fields to the survey flow and pull in the necessary data from the source file:

In terms of not being able to see these embedded data fields in your mapping list, you may need to scroll all the way down and select "show all" at the bottom of your mapping drop down. This will expand the full list of options to map in.. Or, you can select Add Embedded Data and then manually type in the name of the field you need to pull through.

Leave a Reply