Importing Records in qualtrics | XM Community

Importing Records in qualtrics

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in importing the records in Qualtrics. I have about 3-4 lakhs Historical records from Medallia in a .csv formatted file which I am suppose to import in Qualtrics. But facing the issue as some records are not aligned. I am getting below error

Error :RSP_6 - Row 7752 has 161 columns; expected 359 (CDAP_RI_000)

Is there any solution so that I can import records on one go.

Thanks in Advance for all the solutions !!!

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi, can you tell us more about the process you are doing. What I've done before is creating the survey in qualtrics, create one response, export the response file and then populating that file with historical records. If you are doing so, maybe there is a problem with the delimiter used in the file.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @ana_velez 

Thanks for the reply.

We have got the file in .xlsx format from Medallia. We are then manually converting the file in qualtrics format  and further converting it into the .txt TAB delimited file. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Please check all the OE response, there must an openend response which will be taking additional row. Better you should break your file into multiple batches (15 to 20 batchs, each batch should contain max 20K responses) and add additional column on each file for batch numbers. It will help you to upload and QC your data. you can also identify your errors easily.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @ArunDubey 

Thanks for the reply

But even breaking the file in batches give me the same above error.

Is there any way i can align the responses because some columns are missing in my responses

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi @krbhavya Missing column is not an issue. First download the blank data csv file from qualtrics survey and map 5 to 10 responses into it and then check if your Qualtrics is mapping your data into system and uploading the response. If it is doing it that means your OE response are breaking at some point. 

Follow few steps.

1) download a blank CSV file from qualtrics, if you have special characters then download TSV file instead

2) Copy 5 responses into it. That means 3 topline headers + 5 response. Then check each column, as each column should have same number of responses.

3) then proceed for upload the data, if email is not appeating blue then select email dropdown manually

4) even if system is not able to upload these 5 reaponses then check the date formats in your start and end date variable. It should be in same format as you are selecting while upload.

5) if it done then create first batch of 1000 records to run next upload, then 10000 records in each batch.

P.S. there are multiple ways to upload. I'm just sharing my way to upload the response. Try it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @ArunDubey 

Thanks for the solution.

But the actual problem was in the file conversion that i was doing . Now i have used SAS to convert the file from csv to txt. 

So now able to load even 1 lakh records in one go without any error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi @krbhavya  actually, file format should be .csv (utf-8) comma separated and uploading lakh record is not a problem, but small batches are always easy to find the error. Best practice never create data file by your own. but always export the blank file from survey data and then map your responses under it. I’m glad you have resolved your issue.

All the best brother.

Leave a Reply