Multi choice text question not reporting as separate codes by comma. | XM Community
Solved

Multi choice text question not reporting as separate codes by comma.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Context:

• I have got 3 surveys. 
  • All 3 have  got an embedded data called “ExpType”
  • All 3 are set as “Multi Text Set”
  • All 3 are combined in the dashboard data source section as 1. The combined variable is also set as “Multi text set”

Problem,

When reporting I created 3 horizontal bar chart.

The data from survey 1 is showing everything correctly and the codes are separated by comma and treated separately.

In Survey 2 the comma is not separating the data and its treated as kind of single choice.

Please find below screenshot with the highlighted reference.

Thank you,

Praveen

icon

Best answer by krbhavya 20 July 2023, 08:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @praveengeorgeix 

Have you checked  that there are no spaces after the commas in survey 2 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@krbhavya Yes. there are no spaces after comma

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @praveengeorgeix 

You should double check the variable type in both survey flow and dashboard for survey 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi,

Context:

• I have got 3 surveys. 
  • All 3 have  got an embedded data called “ExpType”
  • All 3 are set as “Multi Text Set”
  • All 3 are combined in the dashboard data source section as 1. The combined variable is also set as “Multi text set”

Problem,

When reporting I created 3 horizontal bar chart.

The data from survey 1 is showing everything correctly and the codes are separated by comma and treated separately.

In Survey 2 the comma is not separating the data and its treated as kind of single choice.

Please find below screenshot with the highlighted reference.

Thank you,

Praveen

Would you like to share the screenshot of embedded field and its punching. Also, please share the screenshot of dashboard database, where that field is defined. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @praveengeorgeix 

Based on the information provided and the screenshot you mentioned, it seems like there might be an issue with the data formatting in Survey 2. The data for "ExpType" in Survey 2 is not being properly separated by commas, leading to it being treated as a single choice instead of multiple choices. 

To resolve this problem, you should check the data format and make sure that the values for "ExpType" in Survey 2 are indeed separated by commas, just like in Survey 1. If they are not separated properly, you may need to update the data in Survey 2 so that each choice is separated by a comma. This way, when you combine the data in the dashboard data source section, it will be treated correctly as a "Multi Text Set," and the horizontal bar chart will display the data accurately with separate bars for each choice.

Double-checking the data format and making sure that the "ExpType" values are consistently formatted across all surveys should help resolve the issue you are facing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@krbhavya @Nanditha MM @ArunDubey 

Fixed the issue guys. There was another 3 surveys connected to the database with the same variable. Those were set as text set. As a result any change Im making here was not taking affect. I changed those 3 surveys variable to multi text set and now all seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@krbhavya @Nanditha MM @ArunDubey 

Fixed the issue guys. There was another 3 surveys connected to the database with the same variable. Those were set as text set. As a result any change Im making here was not taking affect. I changed those 3 surveys variable to multi text set and now all seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear that, brother. That’s what I wanted to check in your embedded field’s variable types. Great, you are able to close your issue by your own. All the best!! :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ArunDubey Thanks Arun. Its a long learning process for me 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@ArunDubey Thanks Arun. Its a long learning process for me 😀

Everyday is new learning day. So it's for all of us bro. 😇

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ArunDubey you are right bro 😀

Leave a Reply