Newbie question alert - Duplicating a dahsboard | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,

I've built a dashboard for an existing survey from scratch (let's call it Dash A, with its data source being Survey A). I've been informed that I will need to create a similar dashboard for a similar survey next week (let's call this Survey 😎. Having reviewed the online documentation, it seems like we can copy dashboards if they exist within the same project.

My question is: If I make a copy of Dash A (which is in use right now) and this new copy is Dash B, do I need to delete the data source from Dash B and add the data source from the new survey (Survey 😎? Will this not affect Dash A? I just need to ensure that Dash A remains functional and doesn't suddenly stop, as the staff are currently using it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

@Al-Fairy as long as you are copying the project, and then only making changes to the copy of the project - then your changes will not impact the original project/survey.  It is a copy of the project and everything contained within it.  In order to point it to the new survey, you will need to create the replacement survey and then map this into the dashboard as you have suggested (within the copy of the project).  Hope that helps.

Hi @Al-Fairy ,

Once you copy Dash-A and rename it as Dash-B, you will have to delete the source from Dash-B only if you’re building Dash-B for a different survey. 

If Dash-B is also for the same survey no need of deleting source.

You can make changes to Dash-B without any issues. Whatever changes you make in Dash-B will not affect to your first dashboard(i.e. Dash-A).

In the ideal scenario i will expect you to add the Survey B data source to the existing dashboard from below settings.

Add source

both sources and the copy dashboard.

Then both dashboard will have both surveys.

You can then either use a filter to hide either data source or you can remove the data source  from the field mapping section.

Kind regards

Praveen

Hi @Al-Fairy ,

Create a copy of DashA call it DashB, map Survey B to it(assuming most of the questions are same in Survey A&B), then save this data set, and now delete the Survey A data source.

This would be a quick way to create another Dash for a new survey B which has same questions...

Leave a Reply