Restrict page permission using an 'User Role': dashboards tabs do not appear | XM Community

Restrict page permission using an 'User Role': dashboards tabs do not appear

• 17 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey colleagues and Qualtrics experts!
Hope all of you are good!
We have created several dashboards to be shared with users. In one of these dashboards some 'tabs' have been created but not all of them should be shared with all users.
image.pngFor that reason, we have created different 'User roles' to select which tabs of each dashboard can be shared with these 'roles'. We use the 'Restrict page permissions' option for that where it is possible to select which tabs can be shown or not:
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 17.16.28.png The issue we have is that this option is working properly for all dashbaords except for one of them where the different tabs do not appear:
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 17.19.02.pngAs you can see for this 'jNPS | Dashboard' the different tabs do not appear to be selected as for the rest of the dashboards. That's the only case when it is happening althought we have 5 dashbaords in total.
Do you know what could be the reason behind that?
Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The survey may be "inactive" which would prevent the dashboard page from being displayed. Can you check the status of the survey and make sure it is set to "active." If this is not an issue, could you try again recreating the role after clearing the cookies.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey vinodvyas,
Thanks for the info. Yes, the survey used for this dashboard is 'active':
image.pngAlso I've tried to delete all cookies and create again the roles but problem remains the same. I've tried also to create a new one but when adding this dashboard the issue continues:
Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 10.03.18.png
And as I've said before, it is something that only happens to this specific dashboard, but not for any of the rest.
Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey vinodvyas, any idea in that sense? Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

VictorAV : Sorry I'm clueless 😞 I believe the Qualtrics Support team can dig into the project and provide solution

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Vinoth_Mathaiyan, I'll do it! Have a nice day

Badge

@VictorAV May I know did you get any solution from Qualtrics Support Team? I am facing the same issue as you which “restrict page permissions” is not working for specific dashboards. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @tracylok, I’ve checked the ticket and solution was creating a copy of the dashboard, this was how it worked:

Badge

@VictorAV Thanks Victor, that properly doesn't work for me, because I have text iQ set up in the back end.  Thank you for your reply :)

Leave a Reply