dynamic text in the macros | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

dynamic text in the macros

does anyone know how to add the name of the recipient by means of dynamic text in the macros that we create in the library?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Its called Piped text in Qualtrics. You can find more details on the support pages. You can access them by clicking on the {A} icon in your editor. 

For the case you asked, you'll find first and last name under contact list. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @ahmedA 

I've been testing but I can't manage to add the variables referred to ticket number, ticket url and ticket recipient name...
I don't know what the variable is called in qualtrics, do you know?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

@Aine  the corresponding variable names I have are ‘Key’, ‘Link’ & ‘Name’.  I don’t believe these were changed by us, so hopefully are the default variables used by Qualtrics.  Hopefully that helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi guys 
thanks for your answers

The problem I have is that I have tried with several variable names for the ticket number and for the ticket url and none of them brings results, when I want to send an email and I bring to the macro...

Thanks for help me

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Aine. Did you try the ones below for the name? 

${m://FirstName}
${m://LastName}

Where do you set up the email template?

Best
Christian

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @chackbusch 

Thank you for your answer!

For the recipient name and last name variables it brings correct results, the problem are the ticket number and ticket url variables.
As I show you in this print

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Aine Ahhh, you are in the ticket details. Now I see. Unfortunatelly, the required fields are not listed in the piped text selector. I also do not know them. The piped text which includes “keyvalues” is only for custom ticket data if I get it right. So in case the two fields for the ID and the URL are available for messaging, I would expect them to be similar to the owner, e.g. 

Piped text you could try for the ID: 

${tck://id}
${tck://ID}
${tck://ticketID}
${tck://ticketId}
${tck://key}
${tck://ticketKey}
${tck://number}
${tck://ticketNumber}
${tck://IDNumber}
${tck://TicketID}

=> Based on the API reference and assuming it’s using the same name as for the piped text, it would be ${tck://key}

Piped text you could try for the URL: 

${tck://url}
${tck://URL}
${tck://ticketURL}
${tck://link}
${tck://ticketLink}
${tck://URLLink}
${tck://TicketURL}
${tck://TicketLink}

=> Couldn’t find anything about this. To which page should it link? What would be some sample URL?

Curious if something of this works… 

Otherwise I guess it would be best to reach out to the support.

Best
Christian

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@chackbusch thank you! 

I'm glad I was able to explain and that you understood me...
Of course that's what I want...

I copied just as you have passed me and I tell you that for the ticket number the Key option worked.

But for the ticket url none of them worked :(

Can you think of any other option for the ticket url, as I have submitted a ticket to Qualtrics, but they have not been able to help me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Aine To which page should the URL link? Can you show a screenshot of some target URL and paste the sample URL?

If you mean those pages which display a single ticket, I think that you can not add an URL. As you see on top, the URL does not change. Qualtrics does not have implemented deep links for specific tickets. 

Best
Christian

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Aine

I hope that I can now answer your question in a summary. 

Names: 

${m://FirstName}
${m://LastName}

Ticket ID: 

${tck://key}

Ticket URL: 

I just exported the tickets and noticed a link column.

This is build like: 

https://brandId.qualtrics.com/tickets/app/T-18/

You achieve this by adding: 

https://brandId.qualtrics.com/tickets/app/${tck://key}/

Replace the brandId in the URL with your brand ID. 

If I could solve your problem, please mark my answer as solution. 😙

Best
Christian

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@chackbusch 

You are a genius!

Thank you so much! 
The url of the ticket worked perfectly and thanks for the information of the api, it helps me with the other fields …

Of course I mark as the best answer. 💃

Leave a Reply