Mouseover Effects to Matrix Table | XM Community
Question

Mouseover Effects to Matrix Table

Badge +1

I’m making a matrix statement for my original topics. I want to create a mouseover effect on each statement that lasts as long as the hover is there over the text to minimize the amount of text in the statement. First, where do I write the script? Is it under Rich Content Editor? I am a HTML/JAVA novice so please specify where I can write the text that I want displayed in the response if able!

Thank you!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @NLOPER,

If you're using HTML/CSS codes, you can add them to each question by going to the question, clicking on the rich content editor, then selecting ’source’.Alternatively, you can click on the question, choose HTML view, and add your code there. If your code will be the same for all questions, you can add it directly in ‘Look and Feel’, ’Style’, ‘External CSS’, instead of adding it to each question individually.

For JavaScript, click on your question, scroll down on the left side (where you add logic), select Java, and then add your code.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Thank you Sachin! Do you know of a specific code to add to make a mouseover effect in Java? Like is there something I can copy and paste then add my text to a portion of it so it will show when you hover? I don’t know if it will be different to add the script to the specific question which I don’t need vs. adding it to specific statements in my Matrix Table.

Leave a Reply