"No opportunity to observe" shows up as a 0 in data analysis | XM Community
Question

"No opportunity to observe" shows up as a 0 in data analysis

• 6 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

I have a 360 survey set up with the option of "No opportunity to observe" on some of the questions. When this option is selected, the response to that question is considered "empty" by Qualtrics. However, when this empty response is grouped in aggregate, it will display as 0.

This is skewing my reports. When I set up the report and try to pull the minimum values of the report, I get 0 for most since some individuals selected the “no opportunity to observe” option. Yet the answer should not be 0, at the least it should be a 1 as the  options are a scale from 1-7.

Qualtrics help support said there is no work around for this...hoping someone can help me.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey Saini,

You will need to go to the survey, if you want to have the option not be included in the scores, make sure the response option is marked as exclude from analysis as seen in the image below. You will also need to go into scoring and make sure that this option is not checked in scoring options as seen in the second image! Also, make sure in the scoring page that option is greyed out, it should do that after you exclude from analysis. 

Badge +2

Hi @TJMeersman999! Thank you so much for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I have checked all of the items you said above and they are all as they should be. “Exclude from Analysis” is checked off, and then in Scoring, the option to treat empty statistics for scoring categories as 0 is not checked and the option is greyed out on the scoring page. I have attached screenshots below. I am hoping you might have another thought/suggestion to try!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Could you show a screen shot of the zero in the report?

Badge +2

Here is one part of the report showing the 360 Range- Min as “0”:

Filter for this metric and the Max metric is set to “Other” as I only want the data pulled from others who assessed the participant and I do not want the participant’s self-assessment included in this:

This is how the “Others” filter is set up:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Oh, I see, the min and max are there. Have you published the changes in your survey after making those changes in scoring and what not? It would likely not push those to the report until its published. If not, I am not sure. Sorry!

Badge +2

I did publish and tried to download the report but it is still showing up as 0. Thank you for your help though!

Leave a Reply