Suppression rule for word clouds? | XM Community
Question

Suppression rule for word clouds?

• 8 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Does the word cloud widget follow the response threshold rule for “data points” or “comments”?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Do you mean like the way tables do with number of rows being capped at 5k with a warning?

Badge +2

EmilyErickson, no. Let’s say that your threshold to show data is 5 for data points and 20 for comments. Will a word cloud populate if there are 5 or more comments, or 20 or more?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If both parameters must be met, then 20 comments.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m a bit confused, as we reached out to the Q support with similar questions and we’ve got a different answer.

We had a situation where the min N was set up to 10 and that was the number of responses but the number of comments was 8 (not all respondents provided comments). The comments were not visible but the word cloud was generated.

We were told that this is correct, and if we have 10 responses but the number of comments less than 10, the word cloud will be autmatically generated using the comments available regardless of how many.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Susan_Baer ,

The threshold takes into considerations the rows of data that are filtered out. In this case, number of responses need to be 5 or more if the threshold is for 5(regardless of the comments).
If you apply a widget level threshold, the rules will be applied accordingiy.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Sowrabh1993 is it possible to set up a widget level threshold in EX? If yes, then how/where?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@AgnieszkaB, I assume we can’t have widget level threshold filter in EX.

Unfortunately, I am not an expert in EX, but I assume you can set up a new dashboard having only the word cloud and then having a dashboard level anonymity threshold filter.

Leave a Reply