How to automate the scheduling of survey reminders for EX lifecycle surveys | XM Community
Question

How to automate the scheduling of survey reminders for EX lifecycle surveys

• 1 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Based on the new EX Lifecycle emails (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/employee-experience/creating-ee-project/messages-tab/message-automation-el/) functionality, it doesn’t appear to be possible to automate the scheduling and sending of project participation reminders.

Previously I could schedule the survey reminder email, how many times the reminder would be sent, and how many days to wait before sending a reminder.

All this functionality appears to have been stripped from this upgraded emails distribution tool.

Does anyone currently use this on an EX lifecycle project with the legacy email distribution functionality? 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi @bench,

In the new message interface, you can schedule automatic messages to your participants.

Your distributions are then listed in the “Emails” tab.

For each distribution, you can add one or more reminder, directly by clicking on the three dots at the end of the line.

After selecting your message, you will be able to choose the delay between the invite and the reminder.

Below are some screenshot to illustrate.

Hoping this will help,

Élie

Badge +1

Thanks @ElieD that makes sense but is this able to be applied across all Survey Invites that go out without having to do what you did for every single Survey Invite?

Example scenario below

Automation is run daily, and messaging is scheduled daily to ‘All participants who haven't received the survey invite yet’. 

In the image below there are survey invites sent on 1/11 and 2/11. I need to configure reminders for those who received the invites on 1/11 and also to those who received invites on 2/11 without having to click the 3 dots → Add reminder; twice.

Imagine once 7 days passes and I have 7 Survey Invites; surely I can’t be having to go through the ‘Add a reminder’ steps 7 times? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Oh, does it really create a new line for each distribution ?

I did not set this up for real right now and I only make some testing but I didn’t realize that point !!!

I’ll keep going my investigations and keep you in touch…

Please report any finding here too ;)

Badge +1

Yeah unfortunately haha, see below for one I set up a wee while ago (using the new messaging functionality).

Badge +1

@ElieD Qualtrics have responded to my ticket and confirmed that users are no longer able to do this using the new messaging functionality. 

I also see an idea (https://community.qualtrics.com/p/evolve) has been posted about it.

A bit annoying really, currently our Exit Survey is set up with automated reminders but any new surveys going forward won’t be able to leverage this.. :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

WOW, That’s a serious downgrade to the platform 😢

Can’t find the idea you’re talking about in the Evolve system.
Can you give me some keyword I can look for ?

Badge +1

@ElieD  this one below 

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Good,

I’ve added my vote

Leave a Reply