• 15 April 2023
  • 6 replies
✏️ Scoring | Getting Started Mondays | March 6th 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Former XM Community Team Member
  • 451 replies

What is Getting Started Mondays?

Every Monday we will highlight a Core XM feature, and the post will include a description of the chosen topic, a support page, and related community content. The goal of this weekly series is to help users find support pages or community posts that relate to the topic. Remember to always contact Qualtrics Support for product-related issues or urgent questions.

Getting Started Mondays | March 6th 2023

Topic: Scoring

Feedback is the primary way to understand how one performed on an exam or task, and identify areas of strengths and weaknesses. Scoring is an efficient way to provide feedback after a respondent completes a survey, by being able to calculate a score based on their responses & including a customized message at the end of the survey. 

Scoring allows you to assign numeric values to each answer choice, this process can be done automatically or manually if you need customized values for each choice. Scoring categories can be used to create different groupings of questions that are scored separately so you can provide category-specific scores along with an overall score. Math operations, piped text, and embedded data can all be used in combination with scoring to calculate, save, and display different scores. 

Learn how to use scoring today to provide your respondents with effective feedback that will promote learning & improvement! 

Where to find this feature: 

1. Go to the Survey tab.
  2. Click Survey options.
  3. Select Scoring.

Support Page Link: Scoring

Community Post Links: End of Survey Scoring & Email Score

Question of the Day: What was the first project you used scoring on or saw scoring being used for?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I work for a school district and we used scoring on one of our surveys for student enrollment intake.  For some of our Early Learning Programs, student seats are based on specific levels of need.  We assigned score values to responses and then created a dashboard that would display highest scores first.  This has helped our team review scores and offer enrollment much more quickly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I work for a school district and we used scoring on one of our surveys for student enrollment intake.  For some of our Early Learning Programs, student seats are based on specific levels of need.  We assigned score values to responses and then created a dashboard that would display highest scores first.  This has helped our team review scores and offer enrollment much more quickly.

This is such a smart way to utilize scoring to make your enrollment process more efficient! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a sunny Sweden! 
@JoseS  - I think the “Email Source” link is broken in the Community Post section in your post. I cant get it to work and the link looks strange. 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @MattiasM! Thank you for this callout, I will send this over to our new provider to look at. We still have a few posts that are transferring over like this one so I’ll make sure to get this actioned ASAP. 😄

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

When using scoring, Qualtrics automatically calculates the score, weighted mean, and standard deviation.  What is the best way of viewing this information in embedded data?  Is it intended to be added into a report or dashboard?  I have seen in the help for scoring that it is commonly used as a workflow piece added into an email, but we were more looking for a display option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

When using scoring, Qualtrics automatically calculates the score, weighted mean, and standard deviation.  What is the best way of viewing this information in embedded data?  Is it intended to be added into a report or dashboard?  I have seen in the help for scoring that it is commonly used as a workflow piece added into an email, but we were more looking for a display option.

There is an option to set Scoring to display automatically throughout the form, but I don’t love that user experience. If you want the score to be displayed at a set point within the survey, or as an embedded data field following the survey, insert an embedded data field in the workflow (like: embedded field named FinalScore) after the final question but before the final “display” page (or before the final END step and have the system populate it from the score at that point.

Leave a Reply