Add embedded data to already recorded responses | XM Community
Question

Add embedded data to already recorded responses

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi 😊

Do you guys know how can i add embedded data to an already recorded responses in a cx survey?

So I have around 400 answers in a survey and i have embedded data with the ID of the users but we were not getting the names. We have now an excel with a information of the ID and name of the user. and we would need to update the responses with this information. 

Is there anyway i can do this in automatic way?

PS. the information of the survey is already being used in a dashboard.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You can export the 400 responses to an excel or csv file and then append the ID and name of each user to that excel sheet. Then, you can import that sheet in the data and analysis tab of your survey. Once successfully imported into Qualtrics, you would delete the responses without the ID and name.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There are some instructions here as well: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Erikahuer 

Create the embedded field in survey flow and publish the survey.

Then export the responses from data and analysis tab. Delete the fields that is not required and just keep the field to be updated and the response id.

Now, use the batch Survey response update API “api.qualtrics.com/2ced5de7dc638-start-an-update-embedded-data-job” or run update single response api api.qualtrics.com/daed82306b1ea-update-response in postman collection to update all the responses. 

Leave a Reply