Attendance Tracking with Qualtrics | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello!!

When attending an event, is there a way to setup a form that can import data from a student’s campus ID card via an old fashioned card swipe? If so, can that date be imported into the Canvas LMS?

This can be done using excel/SQL, but I am looking for an efficient solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Unless if entered manually and stored in database, I don’t think Qualtrics can save ID data automatically.

If I'm understanding it correctly, you want to populated the student data respective to their SId. Right?

Hello, Gentleman.

Apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner.

What I need is their data from their ID card (name and identification number - with time stamp) to be dumped into an excel file. If possible, I need the data to be uploaded to Canvas, but I can deal with that later. I read something about survey flow. Would that need to be something I should look at?

Jason

@jjohnston If you want data to be pulled from a master database then you can use the Authenticator to populate the data. Let me know if that’s not the case.

@rgupta15 is there a way to pull the data from SSO system (CAS).  We are looking for the same information that @jjohnston was looking for.

Good Morning,

Was this issue resolved? I would like to use Student ID card swipe for an attendance/check in Qualtrics form. Is this possible? What would be the necessary steps for this integration?

Thanks!

@tom.terrill sounds like it cannot be done.  The department that was looking for it in my campus decided to stay on their old system.

@jjohnston If you want data to be pulled from a master database then you can use the Authenticator to populate the data. Let me know if that’s not the case.

Hello @rgupta15 . I am looking to populate a master database then 3 subsequent 2nd tier databases using a barcode scanner. Using their student IDs, students who attend class scan in and scan out (this is a very large lecture hall class), thus recording their attendance. The class attendance is quite a bit more complicated, but this is the basic need I am searching for. This can be done through Excel, but it is VERY clunky, and my macro chops are not what they should be.

Leave a Reply