AWS S3 to Qualtrics Connectivity | XM Community
Question

AWS S3 to Qualtrics Connectivity

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I configured workflow for AWS to Qualtrics connectivity but my workflow is failing at step ‘Extract data from amazon S3’ with following error:

"name": "ACTIONS.ERROR_CODES.USER_CONFIGURATION_ERROR",    "message": "S_5 - Internal server error.",

Any pointers are highly appreciated. 

3 replies

Badge

For what it is worth, I am experiencing the same error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Vishal Bedi,

The error message ‘ACTIONS.ERROR_CODES.USER_CONFIGURATION_ERROR’ with ‘S_5 - Internal server error’ typically indicates an issue with the configuration of the workflow or a problem on the server side. 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check your AWS S3 bucket settings: Make sure that the S3 bucket name you've entered in the task configuration is correct and that the bucket is accessible.

2. Verify your AWS credentials: Ensure that the AWS account credentials you've entered in Qualtrics are correct and have the necessary permissions to access the S3 bucket.

3. Check the file settings: Make sure that the file name prefix, file type, and file processing options you've entered in the task configuration match the files in your S3 bucket.

4. Review the workflow configuration: Go back to the workflow and review all the settings to make sure they are correct.

If you've checked all these and the issue persists, it might be an internal server error on Qualtrics' side. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Qualtrics Support for further assistance.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge

Thanks for the reply @Sachin Nandikol  I will reach out to Qualtrics support and see if they can help guide me as I’ve done all the above and still seem to have no luck so it may perhaps be a server error. I have another workflow process involving S3 (this one is sending data to an S3 bucket) that is failing after following the Qualtrics guide to the letter so I’m starting to think there may be something on the Qualtrics side they can shed some light on. The JSON errors are straightforward enough but the Qualtrics setup as-is provides no way to fix what the process is citing as the reason for failure.

Leave a Reply