Does adding Google Calendar to the qualtrics survey send the people .ics file? | XM Community

Does adding Google Calendar to the qualtrics survey send the people .ics file?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would like to make sure that adding the Google Calendar to the survey sends add to calendar option. I also need to have the event on the google calendar before anyone signs up using the qualtrics survey. So do I need to create a panel for each event or can I pipe the email addresses from the survey to the calendar? Can I create the event on google before someone signs up?
For the time being I have workflow setup to send the thank you for signing up and have a file for the calendar so they can add but we were thinking if we use the google calendar we can edit the event or cancel and it will send the information all at once thru google.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
Not sure if you have already explored this : Google Calendar Task (qualtrics.com)
Try using this and it should do the job for you.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Deepak I am trying to get the google calendar task (qualtrics.com) to work. When someone signs up it adds a event to the calendar for each person that signs up. I would like just the event to be on the calendar and the people's emails so we can send them edits if needed and the .ics so they can add the event to their calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
Since, the account linked is yours all the events will be created on your calendar. I would like you to try this approach where you link a dummy calendar and then add the actual users as guests.
Here you have an option of including the email as well as sending them reminders.
image.pngWhich would serve your purpose of sending the invite .ics.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Deepak So do I need to create panel that is tied to the event? I did the setup like the picture shows but no email went thru yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
You need to check the "Send an email to guests when the event is created". You don't need to create a panel. You can record the email in a separate embedded data and pipe that embedded data here (guests section) to which you want to send an email. That way you can troubleshoot as well, if the email is actually getting recorded within data analysis.
Usually the email comes on time, it might be a lag check the run history.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Deepak
google calendar setup 1.pnghere is how I setup google calendar and now I don't get the any emails from the calendar

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
I have configured the entire setup and would like to tell the organizer (the account with whose google calendar task is authorized) doesn't receives the email, but gets the event created on his/her account. You can then manage the event from your google calendar. You can check your google calendar all the events might have created there. Also, check video conferencing as well.
All the email addresses you include in the Guests will receive an email of the event. Try capturing the email address in a different embedded data or hard code it and try all other members except organizer will receive an email.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Deepak when I do the piping for Recipient Email>> Panel Field the workflows fail. When I do the Email or the embedded data the event gets created for each person that signs up for the event instead of one event with everyone's email address. I know when we can get all the email addresses together this system is what we want it just getting all the emails together and one event on the calendar is the hard part. Is there a way to create the panel but send the calendar information but send out the calendar as soon as they sign up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
The recipient email only gets piped in when the person is filling via an individual link sent from Qualtrics mailer or if the person is authenticated via authenticator. Apart from it, that panel field will always be blank and have a failed workflow if piped in. You can have one event in the calendar, by including all the email id's in the guest list comma separated. I was able to get this working.
image.pngIf you're looking for a way where you just want to send information when they sign up (presuming that they will fill a survey). You can do it by adding workflow in that new sign up survey and include a signup survey link in an email task in the original survey. From where they will get a link.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Deepak so it sounds like the google calendar does not work then. OR how do you get the list from Qualtrics into the calendar? Everyone needs to fill out the survey because each event has limit.
What we want is then they click submit that they get the calendar into their calendar and when we make changes it would reflect in their calendar. We have many events going on so we would like to figure this out because they start next week.
For the time being I upload the .ics file so they have option to put it in their calendar but since it uploaded file when we make changes it will not affect their calendar like google calendar does.
How did you get your setup to work? Is there a way that you can help me setup mine to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Linda_charlton
I could help you configure it if you're willing to jump on a quick zoom call. The setup is fairly easy.
Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would love to jump on zoom. Sorry I feel dumb and normally can figure things out like this
linda.charlton@ndsu.edu

Leave a Reply