How to capture survey Responded date and survey sent in salesforce? | XM Community
Solved

How to capture survey Responded date and survey sent in salesforce?

• 10 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I am trying to capture survey sent date and survey responded date in salesforce, but the values are coming as null.
here are the steps I followed

1. Added fields under embedded data

2. Added embedded field in the response mapping

3. icon

Best answer by CamM 11 November 2021, 03:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Anusha_Infosys, a couple of things to check first -:

1. Make sure your integration user has access to view/edit the fields in question on the relevant record in Salesforce.

2. Double check whether your fields in Salesforce are configured as Date, or Date/Time fields.

Assuming you're all good on the above items, then you'll find appropriate date formats via this link.
If you're working with Date/Time fields, then it's a very similar process but you'll need to adjust the values you're sending back.
You can to pass a survey sent date back into Salesforce, you would need to add a Workflow Action that updates the date on which the Action was triggered (i.e. Current Date) into a field on the relevant Salesforce object. So for example, if you're mapping responses to a field in Salesforce named "Survey Sent", then you can simply use a specified value of -:
${date://CurrentDate/c}
I've used this plenty of times and it works well for me.
When you're wanting to push the Survey Responded date back into Salesforce, then there are two options I can see -:
  1. At the end of your survey, set the responded date as an Embedded Data value using ${date://CurrentDate/c} then map the Embedded Data field value back into your Salesforce field as part of your response mapping workflow action.

2. If you don't want/need to use Embedded Data, simply map ${date://CurrentDate/c} as a specified value for the Survey Responded field in Salesforce as part of your response mapping workflow action. This option will work provided you're seeking to push this date back into Salesforce immediately upon completion of the survey response.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Cameron

CamM - Thanks for your response I am able to get responded date, but not sure how to capture Survey sent date as sfSurveyId on response is coming as null. For all the responses so far sfSurveyId is null.

Leave a Reply