Passing variable name of choice text through web service? | XM Community

Passing variable name of choice text through web service?

• 11 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

This seems like it should be simple, so maybe I'm missing something. Qualtrics online support immediately denied me when I asked this question and told me to ask for API/Integration support, but thought maybe I'd try here first.
I just want to pass variable names for choice text responses to another service (Power Automate to SharePoint, if it matters) through Web Service, but my only options seem to be the original choice text or recode values. Is there a simple way to get the variable names to pass through web service? Thanks for any suggestions.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi!
If you'd like to contact API and integration support, you can select that in the what product are you using dropdown list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/18427/passing-variable-name-of-choice-text-through-web-serviceThere isn't a way to pipe variable names. So, if you are using a third party web service (e.g., Power Automate), the only way to do this would be to use the JS Question API's getChoiceVariableName() function or the Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.QuestionInfo object to get the variables names and save them to embedded data fields then pipe those into the web service call.

Badge +2

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/18427/passing-variable-name-of-choice-text-through-web-serviceThere isn't a way to pipe variable names. So, if you are using a third party web service (e.g., Power Automate), the only way to do this would be to use the JS Question API's getChoiceVariableName() function or the Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.QuestionInfo object to get the variables names and save them to embedded data fields then pipe those into the web service call.

I’m having the same issue - i have webserivce get method which save a custom path data but i can’t use the data of it the next workflow.

How can use the data for next workflow?

Leave a Reply