Survey Workflow, Export response to Excel use workflow task, missing derived fields, NPS group etc. | XM Community
Question

Survey Workflow, Export response to Excel use workflow task, missing derived fields, NPS group etc.

• 18 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m testing out the newish workflow task for exporting response data to excel  I’ve not found any support page for this yet so maybe it is documented but never the less… I have discovered that there are certain fields you can’t include or at least don’t appear in the drop down list yet when you do a manual export in the D&A section they do appear.  This includes:

Recorded Date

NPS_GROUP

any derived fields

TextiQ fields

Is there a way round this?

When I export manually I can see that the above fields have the following extra info:

=Recorded Date: 

Recorded Date

RecordedDate

{"ImportId":"recordedDate","timeZone":"Europe/London"}

=NPS:

Q01_NPS_GROUP

NPS Question - Group

{"ImportId":"QID3_NPS_GROUP"}

=An example of a derived field:

Q17_new B32 All meals CSAT

Q17_new B32 All meals CSAT

{"ImportId":"Q17_ne_DERIVEDcbi44xe"}

=An example of a textiq Topic (Textiq from within the survey)

Q04c_R - Topics

Q04c_R - Topics

{"ImportId":"QID9_TEXT_4fa5eba4135d43d890b5e933Topics"}

I have tried a number of different methods to manually configure the piped text in the task setup but so far the answers have been blank.

eg. for Q17_new B32 All meals CSAT

I’ve tried ${e://Field/Q17_ne_DERIVEDcbi44xe}

and also ${e://Field/Q17_new B32 All meals CSAT}

but no luck

Does anyone know how they can include these types of fields into an excel file that autoupdates?

Alternatively, if that’s not possible, I could consider exporting via the export automation setup in the D&A section but I think the file name is not controllable meaning that an new file will be created each time and not overwrite the previous one.  This will create problems in updating a master file.

Ultimately, we’re trying to get response data into excel so that we can then use this as a mean to run some reports or do some extra calculations or share data accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Rod Pestell

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply