Weekly Product Release Notes - November 15, 2023 | XM Community

Weekly Product Release Notes - November 15, 2023

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies
Weekly Product Release Notes - November 15, 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be no release notes next week.

Recent Updates banner

Weekly Features - Released On Or Before November 15, 2023

Dashboards

• Dashboard Updates (CX | EX): This update allows for more effective dashboard storytelling by allowing you to create widget groups, add dividers to dashboard pages, enable borders on individual widgets, and disable the widget header on individual widgets.

Discover

• Period Over Period Comparison Updates: You can now view period over period comparison data points chronologically in bar and column charts. The comparison period shows prior to the current period.
  • Groups Updates: You can now search by user first name and last name when creating or editing a group. This offers more flexibility when searching for users and is consistent with the search experience for other Discover features.
  • The support pages for these features will be published later this week.

Workflows

• Extract Data from Snowflake Task: New task for ETL workflows. You can use this task to export data from Snowflake to use in your Qualtrics workflows, surveys, and dashboards.

Weekly Features - Starting On & After November 29, 2023

CX Dashboards

• Data Models: Introducing a new way to map dashboard data. The data modeler has all the same abilities plus more, including allowing you to map multiple kinds of sources (surveys, contacts, tickets) to the same dataset, and the ability to join data. This update is not yet replacing, but in addition to the old data mapper.
  • Data Page: You can now reuse datasets across dashboards and view all of your dashboard datasets in one place. Sharing datasets makes edits easier across matching dashboards and improves dashboard performance.
  • Centralized Ticket Reporting: With the data modeler, survey data and ticketing data can be combined into one page and used in the same widgets, allowing for more dynamic dashboard visualizations.
  • The data modeler, Data page, and all related features will be gradually rolling out to customers between November 29, 2023 and January 24, 2024.

Text iQ

• Topic Version History: New topic version history contains up to 10 previously published topic versions. Versions can be restored and published. This feature will begin gradually rolling out on November 29, 2023. All customers will have the feature enabled by December 14.

*Disclaimer: The content provided on this webpage is for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any time. Qualtrics may, in its sole discretion and without liability, change the timing of any product feature rollout, change the functionality for any in preview or in development product feature, or choose not to release a product feature or functionality for any reason or for no reason.

• If you have any questions about the product updates featured in this list, our support team is happy to help you with your request. 

• If you have questions about what’s on the product roadmap, please see our Product Roadmap page. If you’d like to contribute to the product roadmap, please visit the Product Ideas category.

• You can provide feedback on the Weekly Product Release Notes here.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Qualtrics Team,

I have a number of questions regarding the above….

Please can you confirm that the new dataset / Data Models will allow more than one dashboard “project” to connect to the same dataset?  I’m assuming it is but the way it was worded wasn’t that clear and didn’t include the word ‘project’.   This would be a game changer and allow easier administration saving a lot of time when you need to make a change to a dataset (eg a new question is added or changing re-codes or changing textiq syntax's)

I’m also interested in the Join data.  In terms of migrating existing dashboards over to this new ‘joined’ dataset, is this as straight forward as selecting a new source in the CX dashboards dataset section? (you don’t cover this in the support page).

Please can you also discuss the likely errors that we might get and how to resolve them.  For example the current join (Merge) task offering is limited to one run per day (if you have more than 200 responses) and it regularly falls over for us meaning we can’t really use nor rely on being able to use the data.  What will happen to the joined dataset and the dashboards as a whole if the data won’t join?

re Discover: Period Over Period Comparison Updates

What do you mean by ‘Discover’?  Is this still CX dashboard related?  Can you choose the definitions of what a ‘period’ is?  eg. a set pattern or weeks per year.  eg. 12 periods for the year which includes a pattern of 4 or 5 weeks specified by myself. 

re Centralized Ticket Reporting

I’ve had to use a Ticket change action combined with a webservice task to port over ticket data into the survey data using numerous embedded fields in the past, so this sounds like a great improvement.  However, please can you confirm that you are able to convert the ticket data followup fields from text value to numerical field type in the dataset, so that you can add them up?  the current ticket dataset won’t let you do this so you have to use a ticket change task combined with a ticket update data task to port over the text value entered into the follow-up field into the ticket data section of the ticket in order for it to be considered a number in the first place (which can then be added up in the dashboards).

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I am loving the updates to the dashboards! They are super helpful for organizing and moving data around. Thank you!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

re Discover: Period Over Period Comparison Updates

What do you mean by ‘Discover’?  Is this still CX dashboard related?  Can you choose the definitions of what a ‘period’ is?  eg. a set pattern or weeks per year.  eg. 12 periods for the year which includes a pattern of 4 or 5 weeks specified by myself. 

Hi @Rod_Pestell,

Discover is another product, totally independent from the CX or EX platform.
It’s deisgned for unstructured data analysis (NLP for open text classification and sentiment analysis)

It's a kind of TextIQ on steroids !

More details : https://www.qualtrics.com/discover/

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @Rod_Pestell, thank you for your questions! While I don’t have all of the details yet, I do have some answers for you.

I think @ElieD did a great job explaining Discover

The answers to some of the data model questions:

• Right now, it’s just 1 dataset per 1 dashboard.
  • We are not migrating existing datasets to joins / data models, you can just choose to create new joins if you want / it applies to your data.
  • We’ve covered the limits as best as we can on the support pages. However, I have reached out to our product team to see if I can provide some more specifics.

For your ticketing question, I recommend reaching out to Qualtrics Support as they should be able to provide some guidance with both ticketing and workflows. 

Badge +2

Hi - regarding the Extract Data from Snowflake Task

My data engineering can’t make sense of the Setting up an Extract Data from Snowflake Task part of this documentation. 

I need help! We don’t understand the documentation at 

Enter the following pieces of information about the data you want to import from Snowflake:

I really need to make use of this product and need it to be successful ASAP. 

Leave a Reply