Clarification on "Active" Surveys | XM Community
Solved

Clarification on "Active" Surveys

• 17 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is clarification for what it means for a survey to be active? I’m trying to create a script to pull data for all surveys that are closed down and no longer collecting data. Is this equivalent to isActive == False? I only want to pull the data for surveys that are no longer collecting responses. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 19 October 2023, 01:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If a survey says “active” in the project tab that means that the survey is currently published/live, which means respondents can still submit answers as long as survey availability options are still set to open. There may be instances where survey availability options are set to not be open after a certain date so responses can no longer be submitted, but the survey still shows “active” because the survey wasn’t officially closed within the project tab.

Badge +1

Great, thanks! Is there a way to see if a survey is no longer open to responses?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You can click Survey Options→ Responses→ Survey availability. Under survey availability, you’ll see if the survey is open or if the expiration date is past.

Badge +1

Oh, sorry, I meant through the API

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@coe_ds Check survey status from this API: https://api.qualtrics.com/9d0928392673d-get-survey

Hope it helps

Badge +1

Thank you for that @dxconnamnguyen 

I see a few fields related to a survey status:

SurveyExpiration

SurveyExpirationDate

SurveyStatus

also the isActive field in the survey list API endpoint.

I’m wondering how I should use these fields to decide when a survey is done collecting responses, and ready to be collected / analyzed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for that @dxconnamnguyen 

I see a few fields related to a survey status:

SurveyExpiration

SurveyExpirationDate

SurveyStatus

also the isActive field in the survey list API endpoint.

I’m wondering how I should use these fields to decide when a survey is done collecting responses, and ready to be collected / analyzed?

@coe_ds I’ve done some research
This is the one closest to what you’re looking for

isActive Boolean Whether the survey is currently active. Active surveys are surveys that haven't expired or aren't paused. Users can take active surveys.

SurveyStatus let you know if the dataset records are updated infrequently or frequently

SurveyExpiration; SurveyExpirationDate is your expriration setting.

Hope this helps

Leave a Reply