Connecting with Google Sheets and Google Drive | XM Community
Solved

Connecting with Google Sheets and Google Drive

• 3 February 2020
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Badge +1

This script was a life saver for us and unfortunately...we just went live with our qualtrics survey and my users are all bent out of shape over having quadruplicates of all data. I checked out the post referenced above but unfortunately that doesnt help alot of us. anyone know of a way to either change this response back to false from google which was harmless or a new way to run these requests?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

yet still coming x4.
Still using the script, but now I have in my google sheet one tab with the raw data from the script (x4) then another tab where I use the function "Unique" from google to pull the data...
not a dream but it works...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Chaps85 You might have noticed by now that they have fixed the x4 copies! And they are also testing an auto integration with sheets and Calendar

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

mwandler You might have noticed by now that they have fixed the x4 copies! And they are also testing an auto integration with sheets and Calendar

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Looks like Qualtrics made some changes in the WebService - it was working until I open the actions and since the action is not trigger and it looks it changed from JSON and before it was "URL Encoded" :-(
HELP

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Chaps85 I'm sorry, I don't understand what you wrote.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ooops sorry - I was on panic mode yesterday - still am but ready to face the challenge!
So typically Qualtrics made some changes in webservice recently... when you create a new one action, it looks totally different than when this post was created.
The webservice action was still working until I open the action to edit (I added a variable).
It looks when you open the action, Qualtrics automatically added Headers "application/json" and in body change to json:
New Web service.PNGI tried to changed key-value pairs to URL Encoded as the documentation in this post suggested:
image.pngBut it's now showing: task setup is incomplete :-(
image.pngand nothing trigger.
When I use JSON, it looks it triggers but empty value (just space).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hmm.
Not sure. But their new integration with Sheets (which will make the script obsolete) is looking to be released in July. Can you wait or do you need this before then?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

July is long time 🙂
I was able to do the api in survey flow instead of actions and it worked...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Do we know when the google integration from Qualtrics will be live? They mentioned July a few months ago but no more news since...

I just tried this and had the same "This task is setup is incomplete" error message. Also, I tried to add it at the end of the survey flow with no luck, but it's possible I missed a step there.
Anyone have updates on Google integration?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

JenniferAKWells and Chaps85 The integration is live now. You should no longer need to use the scripts. I looked, but couldn't find a help article on it though. It should be in Actions,
image.png

mklubeck Thanks! It's not showing up as an option for me in that window, so there may be something about how my institution has things configured/pays for whatever. I'll investigate with our tech team.
Excited to see this integration, though!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

JenniferAKWells yes, check with your brand admin...it should have been released for General Audiences (GA) already.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

thanks mklubeck you made my day!!!!
(Just checking you are not under preview/testing license?)
Still don't have access although under the right license...

Wanted to check and see what account level this feature is available in and if any support documentation has been published by Qualtrics on how to enable and start using it.
Thanks for any feedback you can share on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi pscanlan_sjusd
how are you? hope you had a good weekend.
So, yes, there are now help documents in qualtrics.
Sheets: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/tasks/google-sheets-task/?parent=p001174/
and Calendar: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/tasks/google-calendar-task/?parent=p001075/

Leave a Reply