CV feedback | XM Community
Solved

CV feedback

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I would like to create a functionality in my survey that will allow survey takers to upload their CV as a PDF and provide them a score (on the fly) based on that. The score would be calculated using the uploaded CV and ChatGPT. One complication is that the subscription I have does not include “File Upload” feature. 

I tried to do a workflow that includes “File Request” using Dropbox, files being extracted from Google Drive, and ChatGPT plugin. Google Drive does not allow for “file request” the same way Dropbox does. While connecting Dropbox to Google Drive seems to be doable, extracting files from Google Drives is limited to csv/tsv/Google Sheets. I am also trying to think in terms of web service, but cannot come up with any feasible solution. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Shivamvig_sv 25 July 2023, 21:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We can use external service (web hosting) to accept the file using JS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

would love to see how this get resolved, nice use case would be useful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi

as per my understanding… its quite difficult to create a functionality for CV uploads without direct access to the "File Upload" it even might be more complex than a straightforward solution, still some potential workarounds to achieve this:

1. CV Text Entry: Instead of uploading the CV as a PDF, you can provide survey takers with a large text area where they can copy and paste the content of their CV. Although this is not as convenient as uploading a file, it allows you to get the CV's text data without using the "File Upload" feature.

2. Google Drive Links: Instead of directly uploading the CV, you can request survey takers to provide a shareable link to their CV file hosted on Google Drive. You can then use Google Drive APIs to access the file's content programmatically.

3. Email Submission: Allow survey takers to submit their CV via email. They can attach their CV as a PDF file and send it to a specific email address. Your server can then process the emails and extract the CV content for scoring.

4. Third-Party Integration: You mentioned using Dropbox for "File Request." Consider using a third-party service like JotForm, which allows file uploads, form submissions, and integration with other platforms. With this, users could upload their CVs through JotForm, and you can use their APIs to fetch the data for scoring.

5. Web Service: Set up a simple web service where users can paste their CV content into a text box on your website. The web service could then communicate with ChatGPT (via the OpenAI API) to analyze the content and generate a score.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Keep in mind that any solution involving processing CVs or personal data should prioritize user privacy and security. Ensure that you have proper consent and adhere to data protection regulations when handling user data.

Badge +2

Hi

as per my understanding… its quite difficult to create a functionality for CV uploads without direct access to the "File Upload" it even might be more complex than a straightforward solution, still some potential workarounds to achieve this:

1. CV Text Entry: Instead of uploading the CV as a PDF, you can provide survey takers with a large text area where they can copy and paste the content of their CV. Although this is not as convenient as uploading a file, it allows you to get the CV's text data without using the "File Upload" feature.

2. Google Drive Links: Instead of directly uploading the CV, you can request survey takers to provide a shareable link to their CV file hosted on Google Drive. You can then use Google Drive APIs to access the file's content programmatically.

3. Email Submission: Allow survey takers to submit their CV via email. They can attach their CV as a PDF file and send it to a specific email address. Your server can then process the emails and extract the CV content for scoring.

4. Third-Party Integration: You mentioned using Dropbox for "File Request." Consider using a third-party service like JotForm, which allows file uploads, form submissions, and integration with other platforms. With this, users could upload their CVs through JotForm, and you can use their APIs to fetch the data for scoring.

5. Web Service: Set up a simple web service where users can paste their CV content into a text box on your website. The web service could then communicate with ChatGPT (via the OpenAI API) to analyze the content and generate a score.

Thank you very much, @Shivamvig_sv These are very helpful suggestions. I am now thinking about a combination of 1 and 5; let people copy/paste their CV text in Qualtrics, and send that to a web service using POST method which would communicate with LLM API and spit back the score to Qualtrics. The only concern would be if the limit on the size of the data being sent to a web service is smaller than an average CV. Any idea?

Leave a Reply