Dynamic blocks | XM Community
Question

Dynamic blocks

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m wondering if it is possible to have 1 survey that contains a given number of blocks and distribute custom links to people, each with a subset/combination of the blocks.

For example, say I have a survey with 5 blocks and want to give Alice a link that only shows her block 1, 2 and 4, and a link to Bob that shows him blocks 2, 3, and 5.

I want to steer clear of generating a new survey for the required combination of blocks each time I go to share a link - this would be worst case scenario.

I didn’t stumble upon any such option in the API docs, if it is possible could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @smcmill 
You can use randomizer in the survey flow to randomly display blocks to every respondent.

I have kept the value as ‘3’. It depends on how many blocks you want to show to the respondent. Also tick the ‘evenly present elements’ box. This setting keeps careful watch on the counts to ensure every element is presented an equal number of times.

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

You can also use Branch Logic in the survey flow if the user has something that can be used from their contact.

Badge +1

Hi @smcmill 
You can use randomizer in the survey flow to randomly display blocks to every respondent.

I have kept the value as ‘3’. It depends on how many blocks you want to show to the respondent. Also tick the ‘evenly present elements’ box. This setting keeps careful watch on the counts to ensure every element is presented an equal number of times.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I should’ve specified that the blocks cannot be random. 

Using my example, a survey with 5 blocks, I want to be able to specify specifically which blocks Alice can see, e.g. 1, 2, and 4, and which blocks Bob can see, e.g. 2, 3, and 5.

Currently I have a list of all my BlockIDs in my survey. Is there a way to generate a link that specifies which BlockIDs a user will be able to answer (not by creating a new campaign each time)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @smcmill You can use logics based on BlockIds to ensure which respondent will see which blocks of questions.

Make sure you define the ‘BlockID’ embedded right at the start of the survey flow before all the question blocks and then add branch logics accordingly.

Leave a Reply