Get Distribution list by a survey respondnent | XM Community
Question

Get Distribution list by a survey respondnent

• 16 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Can a survey respondent call distribution list API and get the completion status of his/her survey? As the user won't be able to create a X-API-TOKEN, how will they be able to hit the API and get completion status?

I am integrating this functionality in a new website. where the user will be able to see the completion status of the survey and if not completed, a notification should be displayed there. So, for that, once a user logs into the application, an API (distribution list) needs to be called by the user (who is the respondent of the survey) and get the completion status. But the user might not be able to create an X-API-token. So how can I implement this solution?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can a survey respondent call distribution list API and get the completion status of his/her survey? As the user won't be able to create a X-API-TOKEN, how will they be able to hit the API and get completion status?

I am integrating this functionality in a new website. where the user will be able to see the completion status of the survey and if not completed, a notification should be displayed there. So, for that, once a user logs into the application, an API (distribution list) needs to be called by the user (who is the respondent of the survey) and get the completion status. But the user might not be able to create an X-API-token. So how can I implement this solution?

@harishkolenchery You can let them use your API-Token.

Badge +1

@harishkolenchery You can let them use your API-Token.

@dxconnamnguyen Since there is infosec review happening on the web page, it would raise a concern for keeping API-token in the client side for everyone to access. Any other method would you be able to suggest?

Leave a Reply