How can we send email notifications for "In-progress" survey responses? | XM Community
Question

How can we send email notifications for "In-progress" survey responses?

• 11 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

I have a unique ask… So I am building a B2B research survey which is super long and it could have up to 80 questions. The respondents could take up a few days/weeks to complete the survey.

My question is..there are few questions within the survey that I need to flag right away and send email notifications. Lets say for Q28, if anyone who selects “Yes”, I send out an email notification to my team member. The only concern I have is that the survey is still in progress and not completed so I can not even create a email notification workflow.

Is there a way where I can send email notification even when the survey is still in progress?

Looking forward to your out-of-the-box solution on this. Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@DharmilRathod 

Use this(Web Service (qualtrics.com)) task in survey flow. 

Badge +1

@Deepak

Thank you, would it work for the responses that are still in progress? I haven’t had a chance to work with the Web Service task so just want to make sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@DharmilRathod 

Yes, it will since it’s within the survey flow it will execute as intended when respondent is filling survey.

Badge +1

@Deepak 

Appreciate your help, could you briefly explain how once adding the web service task into the survey flow, I can send out email notifications?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

You can use this API api.qualtrics.com/573e3f0a94888-create-distribution and if u want to not include survey you can skip that as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello Deepak, do you know how to pull the CGC in a webservice? My webservice is pulling the CID. 

You can use this API api.qualtrics.com/573e3f0a94888-create-distribution and if u want to not include survey you can skip that as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@Matt

Yes, the easiest way to get CGC would be to add the contact again via API in directory, but do keep in mind the deduplication and it will give you CGC id post which you can store it in embedded data. 

You can then use it in the distribution api.

Badge +1

@Deepak Can you send this with embedded email information through webservices? I don’t see an email address @Matt posted. I’m trying to understand where the embedded email address information is in this information.

Leave a Reply