How to download delta responses via API using cURL command? | XM Community
Solved

How to download delta responses via API using cURL command?

Badge +4

I've been using the red hat shell command to download the responses. However, the survey is getting big and taking a long time to process. I was just wondering if I can download only the delta responses using some sort of filter.

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 9 July 2022, 21:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

UHutch - Yes, a filter could work if you are downloading responses at specific schedules. For example, let's say you are downloading responses every Friday, then ideally you can create a filter within Qualtrics(Recorded date is last 1 week) and use it in your cURL command. For more information, go to https://api.qualtrics.com/6b00592b9c013-start-response-export

Badge +4

Thank you, Mishraji. I'm loading the responses four times a day, 7 AM, 11 AM, 7 PM, and 11 PM, how do I set up the filter in Qualtrics UI? Thank you so much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

UHutch - As you have 4 exports, you will have to add logic in your survey flow to manually capture the time since we cannot use time in filters directly. While it's possible, this approach is cumbersome.
If it's okay to do a single export at 12:01 AM, you can create a filter for the 'recorded date is yesterday' to get all data for the previous day.
Additionally, you can also use the response export automation and set 4 automations. The benefit of response export automation is that it provides delta without the need to add filters.

Leave a Reply