List Distribution History API call missing contacts? | XM Community
Solved

List Distribution History API call missing contacts?

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We’re trying to generate a report that lists the statuses of contacts. We’re using two API calls to accomplish this.

1. List Distribution Links to get a list of everyone that received an email.
  2. List Distribution History to get their statuses.

The problem is that for some distributions (not all) the 2nd call will return less contacts than the 1st call. Some of the contacts are missing. Shouldn’t the same number of contacts be returned by both if we’re using the same distribution ID?

icon

Best answer by James M 20 March 2024, 14:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @James M,

There might be a delay in data synchronization between Qualtrics and your system if not also, double-check the settings of the distribution in Qualtrics to ensure that all contacts were successfully sent the email invitation. If there are any issues with the distribution settings, it could result in some contacts being excluded from the distribution history.

To troubleshoot this issue further, I recommend verifying the configuration of both API calls and contacting Qualtrics support they can provide more insights into any potential issues with the API calls or data synchronization processes.

Badge +1

Thank you for the reply.

We know the contacts are successfully receiving the email invitations because some of the missing contacts are completing the survey. That isn’t reflected in the API results, but we are seeing the completion status when we manually download the distribution history from the website.

We have contacted Qualtrics support and they are investigating the issue. But in the meantime, if anyone else has encountered this problem before I would like to hear from you.

Badge +1

Ah, Qualtrics support figured it out. The results from the second API call were being paginated. In other words, the results were being split up into multiple groups and I had to make an additional API call to get the rest. Not sure why the second one paginated when the first one didn’t but oh well.

Further reading in the docs: Token Based Pagination

Leave a Reply