Updating or inserting embedded data to the completes surveys | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi All,

Iv got a problem inserting embedded data to completed surveys.

I have a survey which has got few responses missing embedded data like TagShowDate    screenOut    TagCountry    TagCity    CustomerID    TagExpType    TagAge

These values are missing due to an internal reason.

I have a seperate .csv file with response ID and all the above embedded data. How will I update or insert the data in my csv to the completes responses?

Is there a way without using API?

If API is the only way can you guide some deep insight on how to do it as I dont have nothing related to API?

PS: The leads are not in directory. The survey is through anonymised link. The customer ID was passed through query string url.

Thanks a million

Praveen

@praveengeorgeix The only way without API is manually updating the embedded data which would be tedious if the number of responses is large. 

The other way is to do via API, You need to use this API (api.qualtrics.com/daed82306b1ea-update-response).

There are detailed steps on this page to achieve this.

Hope it helps!

Importing data should help you here. 

Hi @praveengeorgeix ,

API would be an option if you still want to update the responses in the same survey.

A simpler option would be to import the new csv file back in Qualtrics unless there are any restriction…

Here are the steps:

1. Add Embedded data fields in the survey flow
  2. Export the data from the current survey so that you get the structure for import
  3. Update the excel file with the additional embedded data fields under the correct columns
  4. Start date/End date should be in yyyy/mm/dd hh🇲🇲ss OR yyyy-mm-dd hh🇲🇲ss
  5. Create a copy of the survey so that original data is not messed up
  6. Import this newly created file in the copy survey (recorded data will be the date when you import/ Response ID’s will change/Response type will be “imported”)

If the above works, you can perform this activity after the survey is closed.

Let me know how it goes...

Leave a Reply