6 choose 5, times 2, randomised | XM Community
Skip to main content

So I’ve searched around but can’t quite seem to get what I’m looking for.

I have 2 categories with 6 blocks each. I wish to randomly choose 5 blocks from each category, and present the 10 blocks randomly to each participant. Stacking the randomisers seem to just present the first category, then the second category, same with groups. 

Sorry if this is a silly question! 

Hi @pridge,
If you are setting survey flow element like this. Get rid of the group since you’re randomizing the group. 

Let the blocks be directly under the randomizer and you will get what you want.
Let me know if this help

Hi @dxconnamnguyen,

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! I tried getting rid of the groups, however, the top layer randomiser still only allows me to choose up to 2 elements. 

Hi @pridge,
Yes, the top layer randomizer’s maximum count will be 2 as there are only 2 sub randomizers inside it and the below two sub-randomizers will have maximum count as 5 as it has 5 elements each. Hope this explains your query.

@pridge PS: The two sub randomizers will have 5 or 6 elements accordingly

Hi @omkarkewat,

Ahh I see, so it only randomly presents the randomisers. Thanks for that! Is there a workaround for this such that I can achieve the logic flow I described in my original post? 

@pridge A set up like this should give you what you want

Try it and let me know

Hi @dxconnamnguyen,

Thanks so much, my stubborn brain didn’t think to split the groups, that’s a great idea. Apologies that I didn’t notice it in your original response.

Appreciate you and @omkarkewat for taking the time! Legends!

@pridge Happy to help 👍

Leave a Reply