A few coding questions | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,
If anyone could help me with the questions below I would very much appreciate it!
Thanks!
1. I’m not sure how to do alternating white and grey for the matrix questions - I have three “look and feel” options and none of these allow for that 
2. I can still enter many numbers for "sum to total" questions - can’t figure out how to limit the number of digits you can enter. I have the range limited in the code version.
3. I can’t figure out how to make the text box only pop up if “other” is selected. I thought I had the correct display logic but it doesn’t seem to work every time I try it in preview. 

Use the following CSS. Add it to either your question HTML or custom CSS in look and feel:
.q-matrix table.ChoiceStructure .ChoiceRow:nth-child(odd) {
    background-color: brown;
}
.q-matrix table.ChoiceStructure .ChoiceRow:nth-child(even) {
    background-color: green;
}

The range will be enforced when a person clicks the next button. You can enter whatever you want, but you won't be able to move to the next question if it doesn't fall within the specified validation.

You'll need JS for this. Search the forum, the question has been answered multiple times.

Hi ahmedA,

Thank you - this was all very helpful. The code worked great except that it did not apply to the side by side matrix - do you have code which would do the same thing for this matrix?
Thanks,
Laura

Leave a Reply