A piped text with loop & merge fields function doesn't work at all. | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
I am a newbie to Qualtrics, so I am not sure whether I coded incorrectly, or there is some issue on looping.
By following the instruction of this link, https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/#PipingFromALoopAndMergeField
I set some loop protocols as below and tried to loop a block several times and inserting piped texts with loop & merge fields like below,

On the loop & merge page
I keep the box "Loop based off of a question:" unticked.

Field 1
row1: samsung galaxy s5
row2: apple iphone 6
row3: nokia lumia
row4: htc one

"Randomize loop order" box was ticked with
Present only 1~4 of total loops. The inserted number doesn't affect anything.

Then, on each question, I coded as below,

Q1.
Have you heard of the ${lm://Field/1}?
Q2.
Do you own the ${lm://Field/1}?

However, when I checked its preview, the "${lm://Field/1}" part is empy on preview screen and even a there is no loop and only show the above Q1 and Q2 once.

I checked the other Qualtrics functions and when I inserted piped text of random number, or date, etc, it's working properly.

Only the problem is inserting piped text of loop & merge field.

Please let me know how to solve this problem!

Did you preview the block or the survey? LM doesn't preview properly at the block level.

Hi ahmedA,
Thank you for your quick reply! Your comment works!
When I clicked "preview block", the loop did not work, but when I clicked "preview" on the top toolbar located next to "publish" button, looping worked!
Thanks for your help!

Leave a Reply