A streak of numbers displayed separately | XM Community
Solved

A streak of numbers displayed separately

Badge +1

Hello!
I want to create a procedure in which there is a cognitive workload condition.
The way in which I wanted to implement it is to have a streak of, let's say, 7 numbers, which would pop up one by one for certain amount of time on the screen of the participant. Is that actually possible to do? Does qualtrics allow for this type of thing?
I think that one of the ways of implementing that is just creating separate pages with nothing but a single number on them with a certain amount of time after which they switch, but maybe there is a way to to something like that in a more coherent and fluid way, along the lines of a mini-slideshow.

icon

Best answer by CarolK 17 June 2022, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

As you stated, you can do it with a text/graphic question displaying a number and a timing question on each page. It would be easiest to do it in a loop & merge block.
Otherwise, you can use a single text/graphic question and JavaScript to do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Would an animated gif that is set to NOT "loop" meet your needs? It seems like this might be an approach that would be easier than trying to get Qualtrics to do it.

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47035#Comment_47035Hmm that, and TomG's answer seem to be the solutions. Thank you both very much!

Leave a Reply