Adaptive Question following response in survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

In my survey, I am asking participants how many children they have. Consequently, I would like to know the ages of each of their children. However, each participant has a different number of children, so I would like the question where I ask the ages of each of their children to adapt to the answer of the first one. That is, if they have 3 children, I want the survey to ask, "what is the age of child 1?;what is the age of child 2?;what is the age of child 3?". This would obviously change if they had more or fewer children.
I'm sure there is some intelligent way to do this, but I'm relatively new to Qualtrics, so any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi IVKSurvey ,
Yes, check out the Support page on Display Logic. You can set it up between the # of children question and the ages question. For the ages question, I would use the Constant Sum question type, and set up a display logic rule for each line so it only appears if the appropriate number of children are given in the previous question.

Leave a Reply