Adjust the length of the drag and drop box for mobile | XM Community
Question

Adjust the length of the drag and drop box for mobile

Badge +1

I have a Matrix Table with a Drag and Drop option into 1 scale point which then appears as a box. On mobile when scrolling it’s difficult to pull the items from the long list into the box. Is there a script to adjust the length of the box itself? 

This question must be a drag and drop contextually makes the most sense, so I don’t want to change it to just a multiselect.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @bcass,

I don't think there's a direct script to resize the box in a Drag and Drop Matrix Table on mobile. Instead, use the mobile-friendly option for Matrix Table questions. It organizes statements in an accordion style, fitting well on one screen for mobile devices. After making changes, preview the survey using Mobile Preview to see how it looks on mobile.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hi @Sachin Nandikol Thank you for your response. Mobile-friendly is not an option for the Drag and Drop answer type, rather only for the Allow Multiple Answers accordion-style as you mention. I was hoping to use the Drag and Drop because it thematically makes more sense than the accordion, but it seems like Drag and Drop is just not a good choice for mobile. If the length of the box could be expanded, it would improve the usability on mobile. But it sounds like that is not possible, as well. Thanks again for your time though.

Leave a Reply