adjusting scale points number and label | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi!
So, after creating an entire survey, I realized I had given all my matrix questions 7 scale points when there should have been 21. I have two questions regarding this issue:
1) Going question by question to change the number of scale points will take hours. Is there a way to adjust multiple questions at the same time?
2) I only want labels on the first, seventh, fourteenth, and twenty-first scale points. However, the program won't let me add new points unless I attach text labels to them. Once added, the scale point has a placeholder label, something like "click here to write scale point". When I erase the placeholder, the entire scale point disappears. How can I get around this?
Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Hi,
1) If your choices are all the same I would set up "reusable choices" (see support page) and adjust the scale points there and then make sure you add them to all your desired question answer choices. If you are going to map your answer to a dashboard and only need the right scale there you can always only adjust the recoding there.
2) Ans answer choice always need to have "text" but you could look making the text the same color as the background in order to it to not display / only have symbol in which is not shown. Alternatively you can always look at using HTML but I am not familiar with custom coding.
I hope this helps.

Leave a Reply