Advanced Ranomization options in survey flow | XM Community
Solved

Advanced Ranomization options in survey flow

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi!

I am setting up a survey where respondents are initially presented with a block containing a scenario description. They are thereafter randomized using the randomization function in survey flow between four different further randomizations that in turn randomize the order of 8 blocks containing three multiple choice questions each.

I am trying to add a block of specific instructions relative to whichever out of the four different conditions respondents are initially randomized into but I am unable to add a block under a randomizer that is excluded from randomization in survey flow similar to how this can be done for the randomization of questions using advanced randomization options.

In short, is there a way to exclude a block from randomization beneath a randomizer in survey flow?

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 15 March 2024, 17:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@MarkusA do you want that specific block to be shown to everyone? then you can keep that block just above of the randomizer so that it is been prioritized and showed at the start to everyone and then the randomized blocks will be shown accordingly.
Did I understood it right?
Can you share screenshots of your setup for better understanding?
thanks!

Badge +1

@omkarkewat I do but I already have that sorted in the way you describe. What I want is to additionally present a specific block based on whichever of the 4 conditions participants are randomized into.

I attached an image of the survey flow with three out of the four secondary randomizers collapsed so the whole flow is visible.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@MarkusA I tried to replicate your setup (just as a reference don’t focus on the number of blocks). Try adding a group above each randomizer then add that specific block then put the randomizer with 8 blocks.

Does this work for you?

Badge +1

@MarkusA I tried to replicate your setup (just as a reference don’t focus on the number of blocks). Try adding a group above each randomizer then add that specific block then put the randomizer with 8 blocks.

Does this work for you?

Yes! This seems to work exactly as I intended. Thank you very much!

Leave a Reply